Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Snow Day

"Northern Kentucky University is closed on Tuesday, Feb. 9, due to inclement weather. All day and evening classes are cancelled beginning at 9:30 a.m."

It is snowing. The weather forecast says "winter storm" and "snow emergencies", whatever that is. Personally, I think the term storm is used a little loosely. From what I can gather it seems to mean "snow that stays on the ground". I am not complaining though. I think this is the first time I have gotten a weather-related day off, unless you count the time in Hong Kong we got to leave class early because of a tropical cyclone warning.

I am a little puzzled by why they chose to close it as late as 9.30am though, as it was pretty evident that they would end up closing judging from what they normally do during this type of weather. I definitely feel for my flatmate who had an 8am class.

The University owns at least four of these snow ploughs, so it is not like the concept of snow is something new.

4 comments:

AnneGro said...

I min barndom hadde vi rennelov,(fri når det var snø) men kan jammen ikke huske om vi noen gang hadde det, eller om vi bare snakket og håpet på at det skulle skje. Nyt snødagen:)

Anonymous said...

Farfar og jeg går på ski hver dag nå. Stokkavannet, Hålandsvannet og Stokkavannet i dag og i morgen. Lykkelig uten bakker. Skarpe løyper og strålende sol, har visst ikke opplevd maken. Så jeg sier som A.G. kos degi snøen. Pappa og farfar hilser.

Laura Baum said...

Hegi!

Glad you have a day off and your enjoying the sports entertainment ;).

Hugs from Budi!

Vasos said...

snow does interesting things to people...maybe the dean of the uni. wanted a day off to? great excuse