Wednesday, February 03, 2010

If the mountain won't come to Muhammad...

...Muhammad must go to the mountain.

During my first week here I expectantly made my way to Cincinnati, a fairly large city on the Ohio-Kentucky border, in order to do some shopping. After countless hours of searching for "the shopping area" I slowly started to realise that Cincinnati did not actually have one. There were of course a few stores scattered around the place, but the city mainly consisted of businesses.

At least the story of my fruitless wandering is quite a hit with the locals: "You went to Cincinnati for shopping?! I don't think I have ever heard of anyone doing that before". There is of course shopping around here, but since a car is the key to getting to these places, they are pretty inaccessible to me.

But, I did not suffer for long as I soon discovered online shopping. My current crush is amazon.com and not only have I been buying text books, but also a new camera (Canon 450d) has found its way to my mail box.
The newest member of my Lonely Planet guide collection.















As my US geography skills are slightly limited, I bought a big map to help me.

2 comments:

Vasos said...

online shopping is great. good camera selection. sitting at home...American style!!
mwas

AnneGro said...

Husk og sende meg adressen din. Ser frem til mange nye bilder. Fremdeles vinter og snø her:)