Thursday, September 23, 2010

I♥New York

I miss New York. Terribly.  

I miss my life there - its crazy busyness and never ending array of shopping sprees, dinners and social events. I miss the dizzying cultural scene with its constant flow of free, or almost free, concerts, movies by starlight, and theatre performances. 

I even miss the less likeable parts, such as the indefinable fumes, the overwhelming humidity and the crowded, decaying subways. Hell, I even miss the oversized rats. Well, almost.

I have however been comforting myself with the general knowledge that New York is supposed to be an incredibly unpleasant place to be in winter. But my mood dropped today when I discovered that the temperature is still in the lovely mid-20s (80 Fahrenheit). 

As much as I miss the place I cannot really go back right now though. There is this master degree of mine that is taking up a bit of time, and there is the slight issue of money. And I honestly do not know if  the US immigration  officers would welcome me  back. They seemed slightly suspicious I would refuse to leave the last time I entered. 

So, instead of boarding the first plane to New York I am making due with boring everyone about how much I miss/love the city,  shouting excitedly every time time I see a scene from New York in a movie/TV show, and loudly sobbing my way through Empire State of Mind – whatever version is playing. 

As they say:  “You can take the girl out of the city, but you cannot take the city out of the girl”.

Free James Bond screening at Bryant Park.

4 comments:

Vasos said...

Hey! That is Goldfinger that you saw in the park! ahh good old Sean. Yaaa, jeg ogsa miss New York. Vi vil reiser til New York soon.

AnneGro said...

Er du sikker på at du ikke mener Sandnes?

Turid said...

Du skal sååå være med neste gang jeg skal til NY :) Så vet du det! Savner deg kjære!

Klem

Unknown said...

Vimax Asli Makassar,Vimax Asli Tangerang, Vimax Asli,  Vimax Asli Bali, Vimx Asli  Bogor,,

Hammer Of Thor Asli Di MakassarHammer Of Thor Asli Di Bali,
Hammer Of Thor Asli Di Denpasar, Hammer Of Thor Asli Di Tangerang Titan Gel Asli Di Bali,Titan Gel Asli Di DenpasarJual Titan Gel Asli Di Makassar.